.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Son of Who?

I was reading Jeremiah 1-2 this morning and as I began to read I kept coming back to verse 1

The words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, one of the priests at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin.

Now there's no great theological issue here, but I kept thinking, "I wonder why we don't present ourselves like this?" Like, "Hi! I'm Mike, son of Wayne of Waxahachie in the country (oops) region of Texas, keeper of the golden chariots of children." I dont' know why we don't. We just don't. Maybe it's because it's too difficult and clumsy. Maybe it's too time consuming. For some it may be too painful. For some, they may just not feel like it. And for others, they just may not want to be associated with their father - their earthly fathers.

But what about our heavenly Father? Why don't I indtroduce myself as Mike, son of God? Am I ashamed of the fact that I am a child of God? Am I afraid it will turn people away from God - like it's too "in your face"? Could be.

Regardless of how we introduce ourselves, the real question is, How do we live our lives? Are we proud of being children of God? I love being my dad's son. . .my mother's son. I brag about it. But do I brag about being God's son? Do I live my life like a child of the King? Oh. . .that makes me a prince, by the way. It also makes me an inheritor, an heir, a co-heir with Christ! Is that not the coolest thing?!

Hey valley experiencers - if you're a believer - one who has prayed and accepted God's forgiveness and made Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life - then YOU are a child of God! I know sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but you are. The question is, Are you living like it?

I want to encourage you, the next time Satan wants to throw down on you and drag you through some kind of mental, emotional, or spiritual backwash of life, stand up to him and remind him that YOU are a child of God. You are a prince or princess of the King and you will not be treated this way!!

Take some authority. As a matter of fact - right now, whether out loud or in your heart - claim your birthright. Let Satan know that you know you are a son or daughter of the victorious God.

Oooooo. . .now doesn't that feel better? How cool is that?

Would you hand me my robe?
Prince Mike

1 Comments:

At 7/26/2006 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that we are Princess's and Prince's of the King! It is so easy to forget sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home