.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Heavy Burden

This morning during my time with God I was overwhelmed by an intensly heavy burden. My heart is heavy and I still don't have a peace about it. God shared with me a church who needs our prayers. A friend of mine serves there and for the sake of the church and leadership I am hesitant to say who it is. No, it's not FBNM. So I could better understand what's going on there, God gave me a visual for this church (He does that probably because I'm better at understanding pictures than words) - the picture is a tornado encompassing this church. While it may be calm in the center, the outer edges are wreaking havoc on this church.

Instead of trying to figure out whom I'm referring to, I would rather you simply join me in praying for this gathering of believers. I don't know why God laid this church on my heart, it may just be to pray fo them. . .to fight for them. . .to attack Satan for them.

Join with me today, will you? God knows your heart and He knows the burden He has placed on me. So your praying won't catch Him by surprise. In Acts 12:5 it tells of the church earnestly praying for Peter while he was in bondage/prison. We, the church - the flock, can earnestly pray for these believers and the bondage they are currently experiencing and ask for God's release.

Pray for any demonic presence to be released and cast away.

Pray the leaders receive wisdom and discernment.

Pray that anyone, inlcuding leaders, who are keeping the church from experience the fullness of God and distracting it from its God-given mission will be removed.

Pray for God's calming presence to overtake the heart of the members and leaders.

Pray as God leads you to pray.

Thank you for taking up the sword with me and taking the fight to Satan.

To God be the glory,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home