.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Blogging Hiatus

Beginning tommorrow (Sunday, 7/16/06) or maybe Monday, I will be taking a blogging haitus. I will be in Wichita Falls, Texas teaching a class for a student camp at Camp Chaparral.

I'm pumped - love haning with students and the opportunity to help them on their journey to Christ-likeness.

I leave at 11:30 on Monday - arrive in Dallas at 1:09 (I think that's right, it's 1:something). A two hour drive to Wichita Falls were I get to spend a week with two of my favorite people - Steve and Pam Sparks. Oh yeah, I do get to teach students.

It will be a mini-reunion of sorts for Steve, Pam & me. The last time I saw them was the morning I left Lufkin to drive to Saraland to become a permanent resident. I spent the night at their place, then left the next day to head to Alabama. That's been about a year ago.

I guess what makes it so special for me was the role Steve & Pam played in our lives while we were in Lufkin. The truly exhibit servant leadership. Steve and I served together at Carpenter's Way - what a 5-year journey it was. I was glad to have someone like Steve to teach me and show me the ropes of minsitry during that time. He was always humble, loved serving people, and loved to laugh.

Pam was always there for Karen and me while Karen was sick. She, along with others, would spend the night with Karen while she was in the hospital and once she got home, giving me a chance to sleep in my own bed and get a decent night's rest. Pam was there during Karen's last night. She stayed up all night with her working with hospice to get Karen's pain under control. What a trooper she was, and is.

This will be a special time, for me anyway.

So. . .I beg your forgiveness and understanding while I'm out if I don't get a chance to post something while I'm away .

Thanks for understanding,
Mike

PS - I may get to post, so keep checking back.

3 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does haitus mean exactly?

 
At 7/19/2006 11:57 AM, Blogger MikeS said...

haitus means to take a break

 
At 7/19/2006 3:42 PM, Blogger kris said...

have an awesome time - rest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home