.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Battle Rages On

OK. . .I'm back from student camp. It was a great experience and fun time with old friends.

[Read more about it here]

I don't know about you, but the one thing I don't like about going on a trip is coming home. Don't get me wrong, I love coming home - seeing the animals and sleeping in my own bed - YEA!! What I don't like is coming back to the office. Even though I have a great Assistant - thank you Lord for Suzanne - I am almost always overwhelmed by the catching up I have to do.

I also don't like coming home from such an incredible experience as student camp because I am usually worn out - spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally. And that's when it, or better, he cold-cocks me. Satan jumps on me and works me over something awful. It happened again this weekend. By the time I got home he was attacking me. My mind and emotions were bouncing around like a pinball being worked over by the pinball wizard (The Who - memories for some, no clue for others).

I couldn't focus when I prayed. My mind wonders aimlessly - of course some of you are saying that's normal, I understand - but it wonders more than usual. I really feel like there is this huge battle raging inside of me. I was reminded of this battle this morning. I read Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Then I remembered my declaration - I will not run, I will fight! God has given me prayer, power, His word, koinonia (Christ-centered fellowship), and truth (sound teaching and doctrine) as weapons against the enemy. This morning I began praying and claiming His word. I am a child of the King and if a child of the King, I have victory. I will live in victory, rather than in the muck and the mire of defeat - that's where the spiritual forces of evil want me - AND YOU!

If you are a valley experiencer and you're feeling defeated or beat up by the enemy - STOP LIVING IN DEFEAT! ATTACK!! Live the life of victory. It's not easy, but that's where we belong. Use the weapons our God has given us and stand tall. Throw your shoulders back and your chest out - I should've been a drill sergeant, eh?

Flock - do you know someone who is getting hammered by the enemy? Stand beside them and fight for them. They need you NOW, not later. Stop and pray for them. Claim God's Word over them. Ask the Holy Spirit to minister and strengthen them. You know what to do - DO IT!

So let's unite against the forces of evil and claim the victory that is ours in Christ Jesus!

Left, right, left, right. . .
Mike

1 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you think you can't pray after that mistake
But I know it's the only way you can make it better
And I know situations get too much for you to take
And you feel like you're gone break and it makes you say

[Chorus]
I can't take it
When will things get better?
I'm so frustrated, but it's gonna be okay cause
You've got someone in your corner
Who's gonna be there for ya
Just fall on your knees, say a prayer and receive

When the world feels like it's on your shoulders (I pray, you pray, we pray)
When your life seems like its upside down (I pray, you pray, we pray)
When your lonely nights are getting colder (I pray, you pray, we pray)
I pray, you pray no matter how dark the day

I know you think you've gone too far and you waited too late
But I know that He loves you and there's no love greater so
And I know that it's hurting and you want your pain to end
And you feel like you can't win and it makes you say

[Chorus]

Our Father which art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy name
All you gotta do is say

Hope the words are encouraging 'cause encourages me everytime I listen to it on the radio! talk about get you joy, groove on!
Lyrics to CeCe Winans song "Pray"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home