.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Faith and Power

This morning during my quiet time, as I was mulling over God being in the details of my life, I thought about a little book I bought for Karen while we were in Houston for one of Karen's chemo treatments. The book is entitled, God is in the Small Stuff and It All Matters: Stop Worrying and Invite God Into the Details of Your Life. It was written by Bruce & Stan. A couple of guys who love the Lord and have a unique way of writing about Him.

Anyway. . .I picked the book up and was looking through it when I noticed a bookmark in the back. It turned out to be one that Karen gave me on June 28, 2003. That was the year she was diagnosed with colon cancer. On the bookmark was the verse where Jesus tells us that if we have the faith of a mustard see we could do great and mighty things - nothing would be impossible for us (Matt 17:21). On the back she wrote,

Mike,
Continue trusting God in all things. Have the "faith" of that little mustard seed.

I Love You,
Karen


It's the same bookmark that finds it new home in my journal. It serves as a reminder - not necessarily of Karen's great faith, but that I must have the faith of the little mustard seed attached to it. And with that faith, along with God's power, I can do ANYTHING! NOTHING will be impossible!!

[Side Note: While I must have faith, it's not my faith that moves the mountains. It is the power of God! BUT faith must be present.]

It's a lesson in trusting God. What are you trusting God for? Do you have the faith He can/will provide? So. . .where's your faith? Is it in your abilities or God's power? All it takes is the faith of a little ol' seed.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home