.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Monday, May 08, 2006

it's Been a Year

On the way home from Lufkin I was reflecting on the year it's been. Yes, it's already been a year since Karen passed away.

A YEAR!! Sometimes it seems like yesterday we were getting ready for her funeral. Sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago. It's still been a year!

A yearof transition.
A year of firsts.
A year of frustation.
A year of emotions.
A year of new beginnings.
A year of leaving.
A year of becoming.
A year in the valley.
A year full of lessons.
A year of God like I've never seen Him, felt Him, experienced Him, needed Him or loved Him before.

Thank you God for never letting go, especially when I wasn't hanging on. Thank you for carrying this wayword, hurting, tired little sheep when he didn't, sometimes couldn't, put one little hoof in front of another. Thank you for picking him up in your comforting, nurturing arms and putting him around your shoulders and allowing him to hitch a ride on his Shepherd.

I'm not completely out of this valley yet, but getting closer. Don't know what this year has in store for me, but I do know, in the words of Dave Busby, God is still God and He is still right!! Amen?

Leaving and Living,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home