.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Details, Details, Details

Are you a details person? Do you love diving in up to your elbows in details? Me? Sometimes. It depends on what it is. I love the details of a project. I hate the ongoing, mundane details of tracking receipts and stuff like that. I can't tell you the number of times I have become frustrated and completely wore out because of the details. You?

I believe my walk with God - my journey in the valley - is very much like that of the Israelites. I don't have to worry about every little detail because God will take care of them for me.

In Exodus 14:1-2 God gave Moses and the Israelites very specific instructions on where to go and where to camp out. As I read this I couldn't helpt thinking that God was, and IS, in the details!! Oh how that takes the pressure off of me. It doesn't mean that I dont' need to be aware and mindful of them. It simply means I don't have to WORRY about them and neither do you. Even Jesus reminds us that we aren't to worry about the details of our lives. He told us not to worry about things like where we will live, what we will eat, or what to wear. If God provides for the birds how much more will He take care of you since you are so much more important to Him than the birds of the air?

One thing God has really taught me is that HE IS in the details of my life. I still think about what he told me sometime toward the end of last year - Be obedient and trust God for the details. I believe He is always working around me - and you - behind the scenes. And it's during these times that God is working out the details.

Valley experiencers and flock, alike. So many times we become overwhelmed by the details of our lives. Our job is to be obedient. Trust Him. Obey Him. Follow Him. Just as God took care of the Israelites, He WILL take care of you!

Letting God Do the Details,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home