.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Change of Heart

Well. . .continuing on this journey with Moses and the Israelites. Today we find that the locals' perspective of Moses has changed. Exodus 11:3 says:

Now the LORD had caused the Egyptians to look favorably on the people of Israel, and Moses was considered a very great man in the land of Egypt. He was respected by Pharaoh's officials and the Egyptian people alike.

Do you remember RockyIV? Rocky takes on the Russian, Ivan Drago - now there was a stud! - after Drago kills his close friend Apollo Creed in an exhibition boxing match, pitting the USA against the Russian machine. Remeber how, at the end of the fight Rocky speaks to the Russian people? He says, "During the fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way I feel about you, and the way you feel about me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I can change, and you can change, everyone can change." Then everyone goes nuts, even the politburo (government leaders) applaud Rocky! Everyone is cheering, clapping, and smiling. Their perspective of Rocky and Americans changed.

I think it was kinda like that for Moses and the Israelites. In Rocky IV the Russians see Rocky stand toe-to-toe with their champion, Drago, and not only survive, but WIN! In Moses' case the Egyptians and the officials saw Moses (along with the God of Creation) stand toe-to-toe with Pharoah and, not only survive, but they won as well. I guess after 10 plagues I think I would begin to look a little favorably at Moses, too. How 'bout you? We must always remember, though, it is God who does the changing, not us. God changed the way the Egyptian people and officials viewed Moses and the Israelites and it is God who changes hearts as well as surroundings in our valleys.

I say all that to say this: When we find ourselves in the valley facing what feels like overshelming odds, remember that the God who is surpemely sovereign changes hearts and perspectives. It is the God of Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac who also changes surroundings. So if you're dealing with relational issues in your valley or having to work through stuff that includes people and difficult surroundings, remember we serve the God of change!

So. . .stay on the journey, be faithful & obedient, and trust God for the details. . .trust Him to even change hearts and perspectives.

Watch and see,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home