.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Monday, May 08, 2006

Happy Anniversary!!

Well, this is the day. The day that folks have been telling me to look forward to, like some inner switch gets flipped and things are somehow magically different. Don't know what that means for me, but regardless, today is the the day - the one year anniversary of Karen's going home party!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KAREN!!

Thought about it yesterday, Psalms 84:10 says, Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere, and Karen has spent 365 days in the courts of God! How cool is that?

Went back to Lufkin this past weekend. Yesterday would have been the Sunday she passed away into the glorious presence of her God. I didn't get a chance to attend worship that particular Sunday. I remember calling Jeff and telling him Karen had a bad night and was still in a lot of pain. I was going to stay with her and make sure she was OK. Litlle did I know I would never worship with her again this side of heaven.

So I made up for missing last year and attended Carpenter's Way's worship service yesterday. I was just a little late, but during the welcome I made my way to my seat - down near the front on the left side of the worshp center - just behind where Karen and I used to sit each week and worship together.

It was great to see so many friends - family, really. There were a lot of necks to hug, hands to shake and "Good to see ya"'s to exchange. Afterwards was just as touching. Thoe I had yet to see made their way over to see me - shake a hand, hug a neck, share a smile. Even those who I had not always agreed with seem to reach out to me. It was a very humbling expereince.

I wish I know how to put what I was feeling into words. I don't know if words could/would express all I was feeling. It was homecoming, closure, makin' up, rejoicing, and missing rolled up into one great emotional burrito with the sides cracking open allowing emotional ingredients to oooze out. . .slowly. . .a little at a time.

I miss Texas. I miss Lufkin - you're only 7 minutes from anywhere in town. I really miss Carpenter's Way - not the church with all its activities, but the people with all their love, grace, and mercy. Father, thank you for a church family like Carptenter's Way! Carpenter's Way, I will never forget you and how you ministered to me and my family. What a wonderful flock you are and have been. Keep it up!! There will be others. There's always others.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home