.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Saturday, August 05, 2006

What do I miss?

Trips are great! Coming home from trips SUCK!!

Yep, you read correctly.

I hate coming home from trips. My house is empty. There's no one to share the stories with. No one to hug. No one to welcome me home. No one to go out and laugh with. No one to listen.

That's what I miss about Karen's absence.

When she was alive, I loved coming home from trips. Whether I was in the corporate world or in ministry - she would always greet me - airport, home, church - give me a hug, flash me one of those patented smiles of hers and ask the inevitable, "How was your trip, honey?" I couldn't wait. We would then go home or go out to eat. She would let me tell her my stories - the good and the bad. \She would augh with me, console me, and encourage me.

I miss that soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin much.

I hate coming home to an empty home with no one to share my time away with. I didn't realize it until recently, then again tonight. I just returned from a great rafting trip with some of the singles from our church. I came home, unloaded (I'm one of those people who have to put everything away as soon as they come home - yeah, I'm wierd) sat down and realized how much I hate coming home.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I will definitely enjoy sleeping in my bed tonight, but it's just not the same.

Right or wrong, I told God tonight that I didn't ask for this. I never wanted my wife to die. I never wanted to come home alone. So what am I supposed to with all this emotion? Huh, God?

Sorry, to be such a downer, but the feeling is so strong I had to do something with it.

Mike

1 Comments:

At 8/14/2006 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
You write so well how I feel! I just got back from a great trip to Disney with the kids - I slept great for the first time in forever (seems I always do when I'm not in my own bed - strange but true) - but I really didn't want to come home. I still find myself reaching for the phone to call Mark everytime something happens - I want to tell him - good or bad. I loved "sharing" life with him and him with me. I miss it. I miss Karen too. She was the only person other than Mark who knew the deepest part of my heart and everything in my past. I miss them both.
I think of you often - hope you are well.
Love ya,
Sheri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home