.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's still hard

I was reading a blog of fellow blogger, Jeremy Sawatzky. He's Canadian. Other than that, he's a great writer. I love purusing his blog. Today, Jeremy suggested a prayer post. You post a prayer request in the comment section, pray for other prayer requests, and post a word of encouragement or two. I love the idea, but the idea is not the focus of this post.

shhhhh. . .I may "borrow" the idea later - when he's not looking.

What really caught my eye was his prayer request for a couple - Earl & Ramona Reimer. In July Ramona was been diagnosed with what her doctor says is a form of incurable cancer called sarcoma. As I read their blog and see what they are going through it evokes strong emotions within my own heart.

I just bowed my head and cried before God for them. I can, but don't want to imagine another young couple going through what Karen and I went through. I am broken for their journey. The funny thing is I don't even know the Reimers. They're as foreign to me as I am to some of you.

I prayed for them. I especially prayed for her healing. It hurts so much to think another godly husband may lose his godly gift of a wife.

Please pray for Earl & Ramona and their families as they embark on this journey. Pray for her healing. Pray for strength for Ramona as she receives chemo. Pray for Earl - I know the difficulties of his position. Pray for their finances - their insurance doesn't cover the cost of going to the May Clinic in Minnesota.

Thank you for praying,
Mike

1 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This to broke my heart, as I think of the parents. I know what it is like to see your children in pain and suffering and can do nothing. My prayers are for each of them as they travel this jounrney.
MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home