.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Mere Ramblings and Emotions

Went to my first wedding since Karen's death. I went alone. The wedding was good. Went well. But there was still this "something" inside me that made me a little sad.

Maybe it's because I remember our wedding day. That was one incredible day. Anyway. . .I don't know why, but it wasn't as easy to sit there and watch.

Then again, I was kind of in a funk this afternoon. Ever have those days? I hope I'm not the only one. Of course I'm kinda weird, so what's new. Maybe I'm just tired. Probably just need a good night'a rest or something.

I keep thinking Satan's using my emotions against me. He does that, you know. I can't allow my emotions to control me. That's EXACTLY what Satan wants to happen. If I give in to my emotions I miss out on God's leadership.

When you're in the midst of the valley it's easy to give in to our emotions. That's because we are so full of mixed up emotionas. . .DUH! So, I've praying and asking God to guard and protect my heart and my mind. I'm still not out of the woods yet, but God is faithful and I have turn every thought and every emotion over to Him or I'm a goner!!

Got to catch some zzzzzzzz,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home