.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Following?

Ever just read a passage of Scripture and become overwhelmed with how much stuff there is in there to learn and draw from? I had that expereince when I read Exodus 14:15-15:27. OK, I'll admit it's a long passage and hence the amount of stuff there is. But as I was reading this I just couldn't stop, so I kept reading.

There is so much in this passage of Scripture, but what kept coming to mind as I read is how God protects and fights for me. I have found that when I'm in the valley the Shepherd, the Good Shepherd (John 10:11) leads us just as Exodus 15:13 reminds us.

One of the phrases I have come to appreciate more and more is the phrase, "the right hand," especially when it refers to God because it often speaks of His power, His protection, His strength, His wrath, and/or His glory!! As a redeemed sheep of the Eternal Shepherd I am privy to GOD'S RIGHT HAND! I am covered as long as I follow; as long as I am obedient. He will put Himself between me and the enemy, just as He did for the Israelites (Exodus 14:19-20). And with His right hand he will protect me, He will fight for me, and He will lead me.

The real question is not will God protect me. I think we have covered that. The real, get honest question is will I follow and remain under His cope of protection? Will I follow Him to His Holy dwelling?

Valley experiencers these questions apply to you as well. So. . .will you follow and remain under is cope of protection? Will you follow Him to His Holy dwelling?

Following and Failing,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home