.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Monday, October 17, 2005

Trust

My last entry was about feeling like you're all alone in the valley. But I also know that when you're alone, or feel like you're alone, you're not REALLY alone. Jesus said that he is with us until the end of the age and he will never leave us, nor will he forake us. Hmmmm! What do know? While we feel like no one listens, no one knows how we feel, no one is there for us - Jesus is there all the time.

I don't know about you, but I cherish the thought that Christ is with me even in my darkest days down in the valley. I know. . .I know - I did say that at times I feel like God is not even there. You're right. And there are times when I don't feel his presence, but that doesn't mean he's not there. God is always there. He's just waiting for you and me to realize it. James, the brother of Jesus, tell us that if God is to draw closer to us, we must draw closer to him. Did you get that? Being close to God is based on proximity. We have to be in God's proximity- our nearness to him. It's like God is ALWAYS there, but he only draws near to us when we chose to draw near to him. That means we have to make the first move. We have to take those all important first steps. Then the next, then the next, then the next. I think you're getting the picture.

I'm being reminded of this now. God has challenged me - personally. To be challenged by God is great, but it can be difficult. Why? I can't fool God. I can't manipulate God. I can't tell him one thing when I know in my mind and heart there is something completely different. Having God for the ultimate accountability partner is both challenging and demanding. He is calling me to a place that is very close to him. I don't know how to share it - exactly - but I know he desires me to come right up next to him, so close his heartbeat becomes my heartbeat. He wants to change my heart. He desires to make his heart my heart, but it only happens when I'm in close proximity to him.

Still feeling alone? Still hurting? Still looking for someone to listen, care, be there? The pain doesn't go away quickly. As a matter of fact the pain can lead to some incredible pity parties. But God wishes to change you. . .to change me. He wishes to give you a new heart, not just a new heartbeat.

Draw close to God and he will draw near to you.

Looking forward to a heart transplant,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home