.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Being Salt in the Valley

Tonight I'm leading our discipleship class. We are going to study Christ's message that we Christians are to be salt. I'm not going to go into the historical and chemical uses or salt, nor am I going into the theological and philosophical meaning of Christians being salt. What I would like to mention is that those of us traveling the valley experience are still expected to affect our world for the Kingdom of God.

Sometimes, I think, we experiencers beleive that we are not any use to anyone else. That's a load! (interpret it how you would like). We are always useful to someone. Maybe it's someone who is going through the same thing and they just need a traveling companion. Maybe it's to someone who is entering the valley and is seeking or needing help navigating the journey. Maybe it's those who haven't traveled your path and you help them understand the experience.

Regardless of who it is, ultimately you are valuable to the Kingdom of God because you have the opoportunity to point to someone else to Christ, the ultimate shepherd.

I remind you, don't get so hung up on the journey that you focus purely on your own needs and forget that you are to affect the world you live in, including the people God places in your life along the way. If you do you will become what Jesus calls "one who loses his saltiness." Let me let you in on a little secret. The word Christ uses for saltiness is the same greek word we get our word for moron.

In other words, if you are not affecting your world for the Kingdom of God as an experiencer or a member of the flock, then you have become a spiritual moron! You have become spiritually useless! Don't let this happen to you.

I want to encourage you to look around you and as you do ask God to show you how you can use your valley experience to affect the world around you. Believe me, you won't be dissappointed and won't be considered a spiritual moron.

Seasoning my world,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home