.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Sunday, September 18, 2005

It's not really about me? Part 2

My last post (It's not really about me? Part 1) focused on the fact our valleys - your valley - is not about us, you, but about others who need our experience, lessons, and encouragement to make it through their valleys. While I did admit that our feelings, emotions, and struggles are ours and they are very real, we should be looking for opportunities to share them with others who are now entering their own valley experience and could use the lessons we have learned to help them through their own journey.

I still contend that our valley experience is not for us . . . entirely. Yeah, I still recognize that our struggles and all the dynamics that surround them are real, valid and ours. So . . before we go any further know that I am fully aware and understand what I am saying. Having experienced my own valley this year I know, without any doubt, what it feels like when emotions rise, frustration becomes the order of the day, and doubt of completing the journey begins to takeover. I also know that the lessons God is ever teaching me is not for me alone, but for those who are struggling, even crawling through the valley.

With that said, I would also like to suggest another person your struggles are for: God! Surprised? Maybe not. This answer often slides off our tongues when we can't think of anything else or we are looking for the "Sunday School" answer. Sorry to disappoint you, but it really is for God. When we suffer and struggle God's presence becomes real. Check out Psalms 34:18, Psalms 68:19, and Psalms 46:1. Maybe what we don't realize is that in the midst of the valley is where God gets to do his stuff - love us, strengthen us, carry our burden for us, and a host of other things he is just waiting to do.

Ever watch someone who has a passion for something finally get to do it? You see the smile on their face no matter how difficult things get. There's a glow about them that tells the rest of us how much they enjoy what they are doing. I have seen it on many faces and through their actions. God's like that but multiplied by a bajillion. He can't wait to help you with your struggles. He desires to gut under your burdens. He longs, passionately longs, to come alongside you and help you through the valley. I can't imagine the size of his smile and the love that comes across his face when we turn to him.

So you see, your journey isn't about you. It's about God as well. It's about allowing God to pursue his desire to be there for you. I would like to encourage you today to turn to God and allow him the opportunity to do what he desires to do.

Pursuing the Padre,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home