.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Monday, July 25, 2005

Moving forward without hanging on to the past

This came to me this morning as I was checking a friend and fellow bloggers site. Grant described the wrestling match he was having with God, then asked what I/we were wrestling with? Knowing Grant and he knowing my situation, I commented by saying, "moving forward without hanging on to the past." Ever feel like that?

It's a difficult thing to move foward with life without hanging on to the past. Or, at least I think it is. In my case it's my life with Karen. I'm not saying we should forget the past, because it is a part of our lives. Our memories contain our past and it's quite difficult to let those go. I also will admit that not all valley experiencers have a great past. I was fortunate. My past with Karen was filled with fun, challenges, changes, and a great relationship with a wonderful women.

Some of you don't have that kind of past. You want to forget it. The past for you contains pain, suffering, loneliness, hurt, regret, shame, and/or guilt. I couldn't blame you for a minute to want to forget that kind of past. I don't know if there's anything I could say that will help you address your past. I can say that out Shepherd helps us with our past. He cares for us, nurtures us, loves us to the point that we can face our past. I do know that God tells us to forget the forget what's happened and quit going over stuff that's history. He wants to do a new thing in us. He wants to be about new and healthy and glorious stuff in your life. It just may not happen the way we think it should. I know from personal experience.

If you're a valley experiencer and you are a Son or Daughter of God through the acceptance of Christ as your Lord and Savior, then your Father in heaven has prepared some mind-boggling things for you. Stuff you can't even imagine. Things so great they will blow you away when you experience them.

So get ready!
Set your feet in the blocks and get ready to run to your future.
Learning from your past, but not camping out in it.
Allowing it to have it's place in your past and a part of your life, but not controlling you or dictating your future.

Go for it!

Runnin' with my hands wide open,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home