.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Movement

One thing I have learned about going through the valley is that it is about movement - movement in the forward direction. Sometimes it may not be much movement at all, but it's all about movement.

If we aren't moving forward, then we become stagnant and begin to experience atrophy - spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional apathy. Without movement we wither up and die. It's movement, forward movement - as little as it may be - that keeps us going. It's what keeps us growing, reaching, dreaming for what can be. Movement towards the next mountain top is what keeps us motivated and challenged when nothing else seems to do.

If you are a valley experiencer, whatever the valley, do you feel like just quitting sometimes? When you stop moving, quit progressing forward how does that make you feel? For me, it's like having a stone around my neck. I experience a heaviness that can't be easily explained. But here's the cool thing - when we team up with Jesus, our Shepherd, our load is made easy. He himself said that when we yoke up with him it gets easier. I love how the Amplified version puts it because it speaks of rest, refreshment, and recreation. Isn't that what we need to keep going? Even if it's just a little rest, a little refreshment, a little recreation sometimes that's all we require to take one more step.

If you're struggling in the valley take some time to look back. Do you see any forward movement or are you sitting still, refusing to go any further? To move out of the valley you and I must learn to team up with our Shepherd and allow him to walk with us, taking on some of the load, some of the burden. I suggest you and I learn how to receive a little refreshment, rest, and re-creation.

Moving with my Shepherd,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home