.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Thursday, July 07, 2005

On a more personal note

I share with you not a lesson I've learned, necessarily, but a word from my heart.

Today is July 7, 2005. Karen and I would have celebrated 21 incredible years together today. They weren't always wonderful years, though they were never dull. On one hand I am thankful for every moment we were able to spend together. I praise God above for for the 20 plus years we were able to share - good & bad, richer & poorer, healthy & sick.

On the other hand I am extremely sad today that we couldn't share this day together. Often times I hear people say something like, "I wouldn't trade one minute." I might even say that except for the fact that it is not completely true. In fact I would definitely trade these last two years for a healthy Karen in a heart beat. Yeah, sure, people may not have been ministered to, but today is not about them, it's about us! Sorry if I let you down, but it's how I feel this morning.

Whether I show it through my writings or not, or though my outward expressions or not, does not mean I am over Karen and things are all right. Let me be brutally honest with you -- I desparately miss Karen every day of my life. Sometimes it's because I am having to do some of the things she used to do. At times, it's because I miss her presence. Other times, I miss her advice and attentive ear. I also miss her support, encouragement, and affirmation. Overall, I miss the love of my wife. The kind of love that a wife bestows upon her husband. The love that was meant to be filled by Karen alone.

Father, I do thank you for every single moment Karen and I were together. Grant me strength to get through this day. I have so much to do and I need to focus on everything. Help me comforter to get through this day.

Still struggling in the valley,
Mike

3 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey, I cannot comfort you with the comfort I have received because I've not walked this road you are on. What I can do is tell you how much we love you and are praying for you today. I know how much I miss Karen, which pales in comparison to the years and memories you have shared with her. Please know that though you are many miles from us, we still speak of you on a daily basis just like you are still here. God is taking you through a land that he will show you along the journey. All we can completely count on is the LORD, who does keep HIS promises. You have not let us down by your grief today, but have lifted us up to approach the throne of OUR GOD to intercede on your behalf this day.
love you mike. we will see you soon.
Pam

 
At 7/07/2005 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,

I agree with Pam - there is no way you have let us down. You encourage us to be honest with ourselves and feelings. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love you,
Nanalynn

 
At 7/09/2005 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MIke

I think of how much I love and miss Karen and that does not even come close to your love and miss...
Memories!!!! Oh so many....it is fun to walk down the path way of memories....I laugh and cry...and I catch myself smiling from time to time just thinking of something she did or said..
Karen is still touching lives daily...I shared the 7th and 8th with Richard's mom and she cried and said, if Karen said, she saw God it must be so. She then ask if she could have a copy...My prayer is ...She will truly believe and ask Jesus into her heart..
You continue to left each one up, with comforting and encouraging words and sharing your heart..
I praise God for the summit you see..I so love you and pray as my thoughts are of you..You are awesome...MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home