.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Chapters

I am not the most voracious of readers. I like things in bullet or story form, things that are quick to the point and practical or life-stories. Because I am A.D.D. and am easily distracted it takes me a while to read a book, then I must discuss it or re-read it to comprehend what was I read. But one thing I do know-it helps to complete a chapter before going on to the next.

Have you ever tried reading a book without finishing any of the chapters? I know one well-known pastor who only reads the chapters he is interested in, rather than reading the entire book. I've done that. But to move on to the next chapter without completing the current chapter is like jumping to the end of a movie while you're in the middle of it. Why would you do that? Probably wouldn't - probably wouldn't go to the next chapter of a book before you finish the current chapter either.

Life is like that. We must complete a chapter in our lives before we move on to the next. Some chapters lead into another. Some set up the next chapter. Some chapters have nothing to do with the next chapter. In fact, the chapters won't be tied to together until the end of the story. So it is with our lives - we must live and complete each chapter before we begin another. Some of these chapters are hard, some are fun, some are sad, some are filled with grief and pain, but they all must come to end at some point.

I'm beginning a new chapter in my own life. I have closed the chapter of my life entitled Life in Lufkin. God wrote an incredible chapter in my life. Through the storyline He gave me wonderful, loving friends. He showed me what ministering and leading with grace looks like. He wrote in my life how to love even through a loss. I could go on and on and on and on . . . you get the picture.

Keep this in mind - just because a chapter is closed doesn't mean it is no longer a part of your life story. It will always be there. It may have a definitive impact on the next chapter.

I'm beginning a new chapter in Mobile, Alabama. People and places are new, but that doesn't diminish the impact of the last chapter of my life. Life in Lufkin will ALWAYS be a part of my life, a very wonderfully influential part. Inspite of it's impact in my life, it is time to move on. A very precious and dear friend reminded me recently of Karen's desire for me to move on and get busy living my life after her passing. Karen said that she would be so busy worshipping her God that she won't be worried about me and I shouldn't be worried about her either.

So now it's time to begin a new chapter. Wonder what adventures it holds? Wonder who I will meet? I really wonder what God has in store for me? I don't have a clue, but I'm ready to find out.

What about you, fellow valley experiencer? Is God wanting to close a chapter in your life, but you keep your hand on this chapter afraid to let it close? Remember, you can't begin a new chapter until you're finished with this one. Let go and let God begin writing, as only He can do, this next chapter. Grasp it. Cling to it. Seek it out. Look forward to it. On the other side is the next mountain top.


Turning the page,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home