.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Time Heals All Wounds. . .NOT!!!

I've heard, over the years, that time heals all wounds. Let me just set the record straight - NOT!!

I mean, c'mon, ever seen a wound get infected? Yeah, time and leaving it alone equals infection. I know, I have enough scars on my body from injuries that I know how to take take of wounds. You clean them out, put some kind of medicine on it to keep it FROM getting infected, bandage it up for a time, remove the bandage so it can get some air and heal PROPERLY.

If you think about it, time heals all wounds doesn't even make sense. So. . .let me get this straigt - if I hurt~emotionally, spiritually, relationally, psychologically~and I just don't do anything to help, then over time I will heal? Hmmmm. Don't know about you but seems kind of suspicious, wouldn't you say?

Let me give you a better recipe for healing. . .
Time+God's healing work (this could be through His Spirit, His Word, and/or His people) = healing.

If you're hurting. . .been wounded. . .and it's still a little tender, then allow me to encourage you to stop the tried-and-not-so-true method of just letting time do the mending. Bring your pain, your wound, into the presence of Jehovah Raphe (The God Who Heals - this is one of His names). The Great Physician, the one who created you, knows you best. He has just what you need. Let Him begin the healing process.

I will tell you that healing God's way does take time. Healing won't happen over night, but it will happen a lot sooner than relying time and nothing else. Besides you don't want all that puss shooting out on everything when you bump that infected wound on something, do you?

God heals. . .but it takes time. Stop what you're doing and show Him your wound. He can take it. He's seen it all.

Healing with Helper,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home