.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Saturday, June 03, 2006

OK - It's About Worship. . .Again

It's about praising God!

In the valley there are times when you don't feel like praising God. I know there have been times when I certainly didn't feel like praising Him. As a matter of fact, I wanted to walk away. I was mad and wasn't in the greatest frame of mind to worship God. Now I look back and see the hand of God - how He provided for me, how He never stopped loving me, how He continued to share His love and His power with me.

In Exodus 18 we find Moses, Jethro (Moses' father-in-law, former boss, and Midianite Priest), and the Elders of Israel worshipping God. Verses 9-11 say,

9 Jethro was delighted to hear about all the good things the LORD had done for Israel in rescuing them from the hand of the Egyptians. 10 He said, "Praise be to the LORD, who rescued you from the hand of the Egyptians and of Pharaoh, and who rescued the people from the hand of the Egyptians. 11 Now I know that the LORD is greater than all other gods, for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly."

Then Jethro offers a burnt offering and other sacrifices to God, then they eat bread together in the presence of the Lord (v. 12)

Hhhmmmmm. . .have I stopped to worship my Lord? To offer sacrifices of praise? To gather with other beleivers to worship together out of what God has done - His provisions, His rescuing, His love for me. . .for you. . .for us?

Ooohhhh. . .how soon I forget to praise Jehovah Jireh - The God who Provides. How selfish of me to receive God's blessings and NOT bow down before Him and thank Him. It's so easy to focus on the valley. . .on my circumstances, isn't it? Valley experiencers step back from your situation, whatever it is and spend some God-focused time worshipping the One who loves you more than anyone you can imagine. Bow down, humble your heart, and stretch out your hands - open, palms up and receive His mercy, His grace, His love.

Don't go another day, or even another minute without spending some time praising the Lord of Creation. The Lord who saved you from eternal despair. The Lord who guides you even when you can't see where you are going. Like Jethro, offer a sacrifice. Don't know what to offer, how about YOU. Become a living sacrifice!!

Doing so will change your perspective and will change your heart. You can't afford not to praise Him, so take a moment, and even it's just a few words of praise - sing, mutter, cry out words of praise to your Father in Heaven. It helps. It always helps.

Yeah, He likes my singing :)
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home