.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Side-By-Side

I remember hosting the Side-By-Side Leadership Conference while I was serving at Carpenter's Way in Lufkin, Texas. It later worked its way into a potential ministry for Karen and me. It was based on Exodus 17:12-13.

12 When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.

The idea is that in ministry we are to come alonside one another, as did Aaron and Hur, and help them; together we can accomplish so much more than we can alone.

I think it's the same way with the valley. I can't tell you how many times I've needed someone to hold up my arms. At times there were people to come alongside me - Stacey, Lynn, Steve, Jeff, Donya, Pam, and many, many more. I wonder if the flock thnks we need them only when it's really, really hard? It's not true. There were time they held my arms by listening, hugging, mowing my yard, planting flowers, cleaning my house, donating a vehicle, paying golf with me and best of all making me laugh! Valley experiencers don't always need someone when things are hard. They just need someone to come alonside them and hold their arms.

Flock, look around. There are sheep who need their arms held up. You don't have to do a lot. Just hold up an arm. That's all Aaron and Hur did and look what happened to the Israelites. You want to change lives? You want to have an impact on the world around you? Lift up someone's arms. It's not hard, but it does take time and effort. Allow me to share with you from someone's who's arms have been lifted up more times than he would like to know. Please know it helps. It works.

Soooo. . .go find a valley experiencer and do some arm lifting and watch what God does.


Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home