.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Great Collision

On the way to church this morning I was listening to David Crowder's A Collision on the ol' iPod. Specifically I was listening to the song A Beautiful Collision when something hit me. Ok, ok, some of you are probably thinking I need to get hit a little more often. Yeah, yeah, I'lll give you that, but there's something more.

The song speaks of the beautiful collision that takes place when our lives collide with this incredible God! That, is indeed, a beautiful collision. This morning was different. This morning it hit me - what a beautiful collision it was when God collided with humanity!!

Think about it! Was that not the most beautiful collision of all? God, in his divinity, power and grace collided with his greatest creation and gave us a child. A child who was to grow up - 100% divine and 100% human - to become the Savior of the world. . .of history. . .of you and me.

Ever wonder what would have happened if this beautiful collision never occurred? Don't know if I want to think about - to be honest - but I am very thankful for it.

Today, don't forget to thank God for such a beautiful collision.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home