.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Friday, December 09, 2005

Holiday Memories

I coming to my first really big holiday that Karen and I shared for 20+ years. Ok, Thanksgiving has come and past, but Christmas was really special to us. Karen would often spend a day or two redecorating the house for the Christmas. We had a Christmas tree in every room - even one in the laundry room. There were the smells of the season and candles and lights and the emotions, even the music. One of her favorite songs of the season was Baby It's Cold Outside. We would sing the parts to each other and laugh the entire time.

We both loved Christmas! I'm not sure how I'm going to feel when everyone is opening presents and she's not there. My house certainly isn't the same. But I do want to say that I'm not sad - at the moment, I may be as the time draws near, but for now these are sweet memories we created together.

I know some of you valley expereincers have or will go through this experience yourself. I'm sorry. . .sort of. I'm sorry because of the potential pain the holidays may create. I'm not because we have a life to live and I'm going to live it! Karen lived life even in the midst of her pain - she loved life. I definitely wouldn't want to disappoint her, so I've chosen to live!!

As a matter of fact tomorrow I may participate in my first Toys-for-Tots ride. It will be cold, but I've always wanted to do it. So. . .at 9:30 in the morning I'm going to show up with my new toy, bundled for the weather, hang out with some folks I don't even know, and live life!!

Would you join me in cherishing the memories of Christmases past? Hang on to those memories - they are special. But would you also join me in living life? You may not ride a motorcycle in the cold carrying a stuffed animal, but what could you do to share life with someone?

Valley experiencers - rise and live!!


Living out loud,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home