.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Focus on the Cross

One thing God has really challenged me to do recently is "Focus on The Cross." When things begin to get a little overwhelming, my mind starts to wonder and ponder on things that are not of God I focus on The Cross. I have even sketeched a version of The Cross that keeps coming to mind with the words "Focus on the Cross" written next to it and stuck it up above my desk.

Tonight during worship I closed my eyes and I saw The Cross. A little different physical appearance, but there it was. While we were worshipping God began to give me some thoughts on the cross. What is listed below are those thoughts:

Can you close your eyes and see The Cross?

It's easy, or at least easier, to see the shape of the cross. Maybe you see a rugged cross. You may see the smoothe cross like those seen on the necklaces around our necks. You may see something else - a different shape.

But when you close your eyes and see The Cross do you see beyond the phyical shape of the cross? Do you see the pain the rough hewn wood caused as it rubbed against the beaten and bloody back of Jesus? Or the pain of exhaustion or the pain of the world's sin thrust upon Christ's shoulders? Or the pain of God as he watched his son be slaughtered for an opportunity to have a relationship with you?

Do you see the suffering of The Cross? The suffering that comes from an entire body hanging and slowly suffocating on three spikes? Or the suffering that comes from seeing your mother and friends watch as your life slowly slips away?

Do you see death? The death of a man wrongfully accused, judged, and condemned for the world . . . for you and me?

OR do you see the love of God manifested in the obedience of Jesus as he took his place upon The Cross? Do you see the faithfulness of God as he proivdes the bridge, the path, to Himself? Do you see life - life everlasting? The life that only comes from a Savior who so willingly laid himslef upon The Cross so you and I may have life? The life that is only available through the blood that Jesus shed on The Cross.

The Cross - Focus on The Cross.

The Cross - close your eyes and see The Cross?

When you do what do you see?

Focusing on The Cross,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home