.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Friday, September 22, 2006

Can You Imagine?

Romans 8:20-22 (NLT)

Against its will, everything on earth was subjected to God's curse. All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

**********************

Don't know about you, but imagining a place and/or a time where there is no death or decay is pretty hard for me. Not that I don't believe it exists. I do. I really do. But trying to envision a place where there are no hospitals, doctor's offices, emergency rooms, or funeral homes is kind of hard for me.

You have to understand that growing up my brothers and I practically lived in the emergency room. As we got older we just started patching ourselves and each other up - saved time and money. So thinking that I won't need a doctor. . .there won't be a need for funeral homes. . .hmmmmm.

Then again, won't that be amazing? C'mon, think about it. It's not like being out in the middle of jungle and need a doctor and can't find one. It will be like we won't NEED one. Now that's cool!!

It's there, you know. That time and place is there. It awaits all who are called sons and daughters of God. There is a day coming where in the glorious presence of Almight God we will no longer experience death and decay.

It gives me great hope, and while my heart longs for Karen at times, my soul rejoices in knowing she is no longer suffering. She no longer is hurting. Her body is no longer withering away. She is in the presence of the ultimate healer - dancing with Jesus and worshipping her God!! (her words, not mine)

So while I continue to experience death and decay here on earth at this time, there is hope that one day I will be liberated - set free - from this current bodnage and worship my God for all eternity!!

What about you? What about you, valley experiencer? What about you, flock? Struggling with earthly death and decay? Remember, a day is coming when it will be no more and you will be set free from the bondage of hurt, of disease, of the painful experience of this earthly existence.

Can you imagine?
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home