.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Trust and Believe

This morning I read John 4:46-53. The thing that really hit me was this man's faith.

How often do you and I take Jesus at His word? Great question if you think about it. The reason it’s a great question is due to the realization that I often question God’s answers and promises. I spend countless hours and wasted energy putting God to the test rather than simply believing. Why? Well. . .I always want to make sure it’s not me - my thoughts, my wants, my desires, my feelings. I want it to be God! I often find that if I step back and check one thing I will know if it’s God or me – am I trying to make happen? If so, then I know it’s of Mike, not God.


But to know something is of God means to trust and believe. I am to trust God and believe him. In John 4 we find a guy – a community leader – who is about to lose his son to the darkness of death. He literally begs Jesus to come to his son - to heal him. Jesus tells the man to go home, his son had been healed. What does the guy do after hearing Jesus’ words in the face of his son’s imminent death? He believes Jesus!! He takes Jesus at His word and starts home. When he arrives he finds his son well. The key? He believes Jesus!

How many times do you, and I, for that matter, really believe Jesus? How many times do we put His promises to the test? How many times do we ask God to re-affirm His answers to prayer?

Maybe, valley experiencers, it’s time you and I began believing God for healing, for direction, for resolution to stressed relationships, to provide our needs – physical, financial, emotional, relational, and all the other “als.”

Has God given you an answer to a prayer or provided for a need? If He has, trust Him to fulfill it. Believe God will keep his word. Stop wasting time, effort, and energy on things and situations God has already told you He will take care of.

Take it from me, a fellow experiencer, trusting and believing, while difficult at times, provides more peace than anything you can do to make it happen.


Peace Out,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home