.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

God Loves You More

One of the lessons I have already learned through my valley experience is that God's love goes beyond ourselves and our valley.

I remember one night lying in bed and talking with God. This is a good time and a good place for me to talk to God. Being ADD the dark and the quiet eliminates distractions. It was also a great time/place for Karen and me to talk about stuff. Anyway . . . as I was lying there talking with God he reminded me that no matter how much Karen was suffering, no matter how bad her pain would get, HE LOVED HER MORE!

Did you get that? Irregardless of her experience, God loved her more. God, again, reminded me of this fact today - no matter how bad things may get for me, no matter how deep I must travel into the valley, HE LOVES ME MORE!

Think about that for a moment. Let it settle in. Ponder the depth of what God is saying.

His love is greater that the greatest pain, the greatest displeasure, the greatest torture short of death we will/could ever experience. That means that the greatest force in our lives is God's love for us. Because of that force, we can move forward. We can keep getting up in the mornings. We can continue to live lives with meaning and purpose.

What about your valley experience - parent's divorce, abusive situations, addictions, relational problems???? Do you ever feel as though no one understands? Do you ever feel like the valley you are in is the greatest force in your life and it's overwhelming you? I can relate. But you do need to know that inspite of your valley, God's love is greater . . . so much greater.

Want to know that love? Click here for an interactive presentation to hlep you know how to have the kind of love that overcomes even the worse times in our lives. Have you experienced God's love, but maybe forgot how powerful it is? Email me - let's dialogue. I want you, and everyone who reads this blog, to know that God's love supercedes even our greatest despair.

Remember, the greatest potential for spiritual growth comes during our valley expereinces. Trust the shepherd, hang with the flock, and keep moving toward the next mountain.

Walking with the sheperd,
Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home