.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Midst of the Valley

Picture courtesy of PD Photo

In the Midst of the Valley is about being in the midst of so much stuff it's hard to see the sky. Ever feel like that? What we don't realize, sometimes, is that there are incredible treasures to be found in the valley! This blog was started because I beleive that the greatest potential for spiritual growth is in the valley - not on the mountain top. These are lessons God has taught me as I go through the valley season of my life. May He use them to minister to you. Mike

Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Little Clarification

I would like to clarify something for those of you who are not up to speed with my situation. My most excellent wife, Karen, was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 years ago. In January of this year the doctors at MD Anderson told us there was nothing more they could do to help her. Directly after this news Karen ended up in the hospital here in Lufkin where the doctors said there was an abdominal mass that was inoperable. She is now at home where we manage her pain and nausea through medication.

If you would like to find out the progression of things I invite you to check out Karen's Update. If you would like to post a word of encouragement, a verse of Scripture, or anything else check out Karen's Prayer Journal.

Hope this provides some insight as to the "valley" through which we are in the midst.

Remember, it's in the valley that we, as followers of Christ, find the greatest potential for growth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home